Technology has no doubt made tons of advancements is keep on growing. None of the industry is spared from the usage of technology. Now there are apps where people can read books in electronic formats commonly known as e-books. However the feel of paper, smell of new book, the gentle touch of pages, etc. cannot be forgotten. Those who love are still using the paperback books and they definitely understand the importance of those. They are still buying paperback books to keep their tradition and love alive.
Paperback books were first brought into the picture during the 19th century after which it became a popular style in continental Europe. Soon after, the style of book covers started to lay its base in Britain and America in the 1930s, when publishers began mass-producing cheap but well-designed reproductions of older texts. This was aimed at a new generation of readers, who could not afford to purchase the hardbacks.
Today too the paperbacks are a popular choice among readers as hardbacks remain expensive and are still treated as valuable collectibles among the elite readers. Hardcover books are, after all, only published if they promise high deliverance. However, this does not mean that paperback books are not worth the read. There are several books on Paperback, which deliver noteworthy stories too. You just need to know how to pick them up when you go shopping for them
Here are some tips to keep you from getting confused when shopping for paperback books online. And trust us there is certainly a vast difference between a paperback book, e-book and hardcover book, in terms of prices and formats.
1. Paperback books are widely available on every online bookstore. Before making the click on the buy, just see the details of the book. This section contains the ISBN number along with the format and type of book. Once you have made sure that it is a paperback then you can proceed with the checkout formalities.
2. Check the price and judge for yourself whether it is paperback or a hardcover. After all, even if you are just picking a book to read while travelling, it is going to be with you for quite some time. Plus paperbacks are always tends to be on the lower side of the price scale, so choosing and differentiating will not be too difficult.
3. If you are buying a series and the rest of them are in hardcover then do not make the mistake of buying a paperback edition. It will just make your collectible’s look out of place. Stick to one style for the series. Normally if one site is not offering a paperback doesn’t mean it is not available at all. You can always check other websites as well to have a look.
4. If you plan to carry the book wherever you go, then buying a paperback is the ideal choice. Imagine how heavy your bag would feel if you had a hardcover book with you. Furthermore, paperback books are much easier to hold especially when you cannot get yourself a seat on the tube and are holding on to a strap or a pole. It is more logical as it can be fold and tug easily.
5. You can always choose to buy trade paperback books if you are in a dilemma between the both. Trade paperbacks resemble hardcover books but are not real hard cover books. The only differences are that they come cheaper than hardcovers and the cover is printed on good paper making it as weighty as a hardcover book.